As I’ve been watching my adult children and grandchildren I’ve noticed some observations I’d like to share with you.
- Raising children is a top priority in life, right after God and mate. They need full attention and focus to thrive
- Adult children remember parts of their childhood different than you do. Sometimes their perspective isn’t flattering. It can be humbling.
- Some things they must learn on their own.
- They won’t realize your love and sacrifice for them until they have children of their own.
- The older I get the more I realize how little control I have over life. Youthful optimism gradually changes to a deep appreciation of God’s grace and mercy in our lives.
- I appreciate sharing this stage with my wife, Nancy. Having her to share these experiences with is wonderful, especially with all the ‘history’ to this point. Your mate is the only other person who truly understands what you both went through raising the family.
I’m sure there will be more lessons to be learned – and I look forward to every one of them. Look carefully in your life and you’ll notice what God is teaching you as well. (November 25, 2019 Doylestown, PA)
Isaiah 46:4 “even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.”
Psa. 103:17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’S love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—
What are some lessons God is teaching you from your children, marriage, friends or employment?